Effective as of 18 March, 2020.
For purposes of this agreement, “Site” refers to the “Teenage Grief Sucks” website, located at teenagegriefsucks.com. “Service” refers to the Teenage Grief Sucks’s services, accessed via the Site, in which users can, but are not limited to, read grief stories mostly written by teenagers, share grief content, and comment on articles. The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Site.The terms “You” and “User” refer to you, as a user of the Teenage Grief Sucks Site and Service.
ABOUT THE SERVICE
The Service allows you to read articles about teenage grief, leave comments, and share your own.
The content posted on this website is mostly created by teenagers, and is not meant to be mistaken for medical information. The information on this site is not medical opinion, and just opinions and observations mostly from grieving teenagers. The Site is not responsible for the actions of those visiting the Site or the emotional or personal effects that come from the content on this website. Teenage Grief Sucks is not meant to take the place of a therapist or emergency services. If you need medical support, the Site urges you to receive help from a licensed therapist or, if it is an emergency, contact the emergency services in your area.
Teenage Grief Sucks and all of its creators are not responsible for the actions of those visiting the Site. By agreeing to these terms or using this service, you do not acquire any ownership rights. You may not duplicate, distribute, edit, or do anything similar with, the content on the Teenage Grief Sucks website.
PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES ON THE SITE
You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
· access the Service for any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use solely as permitted by the normal functionality of the Service,
· collect or harvest any personal data of any user of the Site or the Service
· use the Site or the Service for the solicitation of business in the course of trade or in connection with a commercial enterprise;
· distribute any part or parts of the Site or the Service without our explicit written permission (we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly-available searchable indices but retain the right to revoke this permission at any time on a general or specific basis);
· use the Service for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
· attempt to, or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
· provide false or inaccurate information when providing information;
· interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service;
· make any automated use of the Site, the Service or the related systems, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
· bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service, or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data;
· circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of content, or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content accessible via the Service; or
· publish or link to malicious content of any sort, including that intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer.
· you may not hack the site.
· you may not place information on the site that Teenage Grief Sucks considers:
· false or misleading
· not appropriate for all ages
· disables or limits access to the site in some way
· illegal, abusive, or threatening
· harmful in some other way
· you may not use the site for any advertisements unless given prior approval by Teenage Grief Sucks.
· you may not post content that reveals personal information about any person other than yourself. If you post personal information about yourself, you must be 18 years or older, or have parental permission.
· you may not violate privacy laws and Copyright when sharing information. If you use information from an outside source, you must only do so legally and give credit to the rightful owner. The consequences for breaking Copyright or privacy laws are the user’s to uphold and not the site’s. Teenage Grief Sucks does not take responsibility for any content posted on the site that is not posted by the creators of the Site.
· you may not copy, distribute, redistribute, or reproduce the Site. You may not copy or reproduce the Site without explicit permission from Teenage Grief Sucks.
· you will not reverse engineer, decrypt, decompile, or otherwise interfere or alter with the Site or the service or attempt to do so or assist others in doing so.
Teenage Grief Sucks holds the right to restrict any user from using the Site or any Services provided by the Site. The Site holds the right to remove any content without stating a reason.
ONLINE CONTENT DISCLAIMER
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service, but not directly by the Site, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content.
We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Site or the Service nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by other parties. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party posts or sends via the Service. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the Service, or transmitted to users. The information provided on the Site is not to be mistaken for medical advice.
PUBLICALLY SUBMITTED CONTENT
Publically submitted content includes, but is not limited to, submissions to potentially be published by the Site and comments made on posts.
By submitting content, you agree that all work submitted is your own, and if not, that you have gotten the required permission from the owner of the content to publish and correctly cited your sources. It is the Submitter’s responsibility to not violate Copyright, use other’s work without permission, or any act similar to that, and not the responsibility of the Site.
If you are under 18 years old, when you submit content you agree that you have acquired permission from a parent or guardian beforehand. Parents/guardians and children under the age of 18 must review the information the child is giving and their submission together before submitting it, and that the parents/guardians and children are aware of how the information used before submitting information. If you are a parent or guardian who wishes to have their child’s article or other content on the Teenage Grief Sucks website removed, please contact us at email@example.com.
Teenage Grief Sucks holds the right to remove any publically submitted content including, but not limited to, if the content:
· is harmful in any way.
· is harassing.
· is illegal, abusive, or threatening.
· is not appropriate for all ages.
· is false or misleading.
· has ulterior motives, including but not limited to political motive.
· is advertising another site, service, or other source without the explicit permission of Teenage Grief Sucks.
· does not follow submission guidelines, available on the “Share Your Grief” page of the Site.
When submitting content, You agree that we have the right to determine whether your User Content submissions are appropriate and comply with these Terms of Service, remove any and/or all of your submissions, and terminate your account with or without prior notice.
You understand and agree that any liability, loss or damage that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you make available or access through your use of the Service is solely your responsibility. The Site is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content.
By posting any User Content via the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, to the Site a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service.
PRIVATELY SUBMITTED CONTENT
Privately submitted content includes, but is not limited to, information given when subscribing to emails from Teenage Grief Sucks and personal information given when submitting content for a chance to be published that explicitly states that it will not be published.
When you subscribe to receive emails from the Site, you agree to allow Teenage Grief Sucks to contact you through email. If you wish to be removed from the Site’s email list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting information to Teenage Grief Sucks, you agree to allow Teenage Grief Sucks to use the information in the ways listed below:
· to contact you regarding information on the Site, updates on the site, or anything else regarding the Site.
· to improve services provided on the Site.
PARENT AND GUARDIAN DUTIES
Users under 18 years old must have permission from a parent or guardian to access and add content to the site. Content includes but is not limited to:
· submitted work for a chance to be published
It is the parent's/guardian's duty to make sure their child is participating in safe activities online. All information the child submits should be previewed by the parent/guardian first.
Teenage Grief Sucks is not responsible for the content children under the age of 18 put on the Site. If the Site becomes aware that a child is providing content without consent from a parent/guardian, the Site will remove the content until it is proven that consent has been given from a parent or guardian.
If you have any questions regarding information your child has provided or any other responsibilities of parents and guardians, contact email@example.com.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND/OR MATERIALS
THE SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES; RELEASE
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SITE, THE SERVICE, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, OR DATA, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM: (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (C) THE SERVICE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH USE OR WITH ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, a restaurant or a merchant of a product or service that you review using the Service, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
If you are a California resident using the Service, you may specifically waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
You agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with the Site must commence within ONE year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
For purposes of this Agreement, “Site” refers to the Company’s website, which can be accessed at teenagegriefsucks.com.
“Service” refers to the Company’s services accessed via the Site, in which users can read articles about grief written by teenagers, leave comments, and share their own.
The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company.
“You” refers to you, as a user of our Site or our Service.
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. Personal Information includes your email, name, and age, which you give to us when submitting information, including but not limited to when you subscribe and create a submission for a chance to be published.
Information collected via Technology
To use the Site you do not need to submit any Personal Information. To use the Service and submit content, leave a comment, or subscribe, you will be asked for information such as your name, email, and (optionally) your age. However, in an effort to improve the quality of the Service, we track information provided to us by your browser or by our software application when you view or use the Service, such as the website you came from (known as the “referring URL”), the type of browser you use, the device from which you connected to the Service, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user’s browser from our servers and are stored on the user’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user’s browser enables us to collect Non-Personal information about that user and keep a record of the user’s preferences when utilizing our services, both on an individual and aggregate basis.
The Company may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser.
2. Children’s Privacy
The Site and Service only allow children under the age of 18 to use the Site and Service with permission from a parent or guardian. The Site does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 18, or allow anyone under the age of 18 to use the Service without permission from a parent or guardian. In the event that we learn that we have gathered personal information from anyone under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers.
We may share Personal Information with outside parties if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable legal process or enforceable governmental request; to enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations; address fraud, security or technical concerns; or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
III. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. We protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
IV. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
V. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
VII. CONTACT US